Valerie Jarrett, a senior adviser to President Obama, claimed that Obama’s “administration hasn’t had a scandal and he hasn’t done something to embarrass himself.” Really?
- It wasn’t all that long ago we discovered that several VA hospitals were creating fake documents to cover up the fact that the wait to see doctors was so long they were essentially denying care to veterans. This was a major scandal that Obama promised to correct, but has done little about since the headlines went away.
- In 2013 it was discovered that the IRS had been targeting conservative organizations and denying them tax except status. This is not a made up story. Before he did nothing about it, Obama himself said he had “no patience with it. I will not tolerate it.” But no charges were filed or punishment met out. Lois Lerner, who was in charge of the department that targeted conservative groups, was put on paid leave before she eventually retired with full benefits.
- The Department of Justice seized phone records for the Associated Press, and even searched the private emails of Fox News reporter James Rosen, the latter named a co-conspirator in an espionage investigation for having interviewed a government employee who leaked information. Before the information about James Rosen came out, Attorney General Eric Holder testified before Congress that he was not involved in any “potential prosecution” of any reporter. Holder personally signed off on the search warrant that named Rosen a “co-conspirator.”
- This came after the Obama Administration initially tried to prevent Fox News reporters from interviewing administration officials. They relented after other news organizations demanded Fox News be included.
- Democrats can make their jokes, but its a simple fact that two months before the presidential election, Obama administration officials went on national television and claimed the terrorist attack in Benghazi was caused by a YouTube video, despite knowing it was a planned terrorist attack.
- HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius went to the insurance and pharmaceutical companies that Obamacare gave her a lot of power and discretion over, and “suggested” they give multi-million dollar donations to organizations set up to promote Obamacare.
- The General Services Administration spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on lavish conferences and entertainment for government employees.
- Former Administrator of the EPA, Lisa Jackson, used an alias when conducting public business to avoid Freedom of Information Act searches.
- Of course, she wasn’t the only senior Obama Administration official to go to great lengths to avoid scrutiny. But we’ve all heard plenty about Hillary’s unsecured private email server.
This is a partial list of Obama Administration scandals, and does not include Constitutional violations, such as Obama’s attempt to decide for himself when Congress is in recess or to rewrite immigration laws. I’d say Obama has plenty to be embarrassed about.